In Africa we having a saying, ‘If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.’ … Ponder what it would be like if we went together. Not alone and fast but together and far.
— Robin Jones Gunn
It is with great passion that we seek to enable bloggers of African heritage to reach a wider audience. To enhance connection and raise awareness among African bloggers it is with pleasure that we introduce the AfroBloggers Recognition Award.
Here are the guidelines on how this award works:
- Once you are nominated, make a post titled CELEBRATING AFRICA WITH AFROBLOGGERS.
- Your post should share a brief on Afrobloggers and the work they are doing. Also thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Celebrate Africa in the way you feel is more appropriate and in line with your blog”s overall theme.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers of African heritage.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post and include the link to this original post
To kick-start this award we wish to express great appreciation to the bloggers who took part in our #GuestBlogger session on twitter. These are our nominations in no particular order: